In this workshop, the participants learn what the term “superfood” means. They will get to know different representatives from the individual Superfood categories. Selected exotic superfoods are compared with regional representatives on the basis of price, nutritional value-added, and origin. The subject area is rounded off with an excursion into food law and how/if Superfood has to be labeled.
Advantages of the workshop
- Participants know what the term Superfood means and are familiar with different Superfood categories
- Participants know possible applications of Superfood
- Participants know whether exotic superfood really has advantages over domestic superfood in terms of price, nutritional value, and origin
- Participants learn about the taste of selected superfoods
- Participants know the typical superfood contents in various food products such as bars, smoothies, etc.